Ahead of Rugby World Cup 2019, talkSPORT and Mastercard will be bringing rugby fans together, giving you the opportunity of a lifetime to see and be a part of the action in Japan. The countdown to Rugby World Cup 2019 is well and truly on and you could be on your way to Tokyo, with TWO incredible prize packages!
On the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast (6am-10am) and Drive (4pm-7pm) from July 24-26, we’re playing ‘Big Winning From Tokyo’, which gives you the chance to win your way to Tokyo as special guests of Mastercard by showing off your rugby knowhow.
In ‘Big Winning from Tokyo’ you’ll be scoring conversions, drop goals and tries whilst working alongside a special rugby star, because thanks to Mastercard, together everything is possible. The aim of the game is to work as a team to score a higher number of total points than your opponent, so make sure your rugby knowledge is sharp!
If you’re our winner, a sports experience like no other is up for grabs – we’ve got an England v Argentina prize package to be won in Drive and a Rugby World Cup 2019 Final package in Alan Brazil’s Sports Breakfast waiting for one lucky recipient.
Play ‘Big Winning from Tokyo’ in the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast and talkSPORT Drive from July 24th but remember, you have to register here first.
Don’t delay, join the scrum and get yourself in with the chance to win a Rugby World Cup 2019 experience you’ll never forget – thanks to Mastercard.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 FINAL GIVEAWAY (THE “PROMOTION”) ONLINE RULES:
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”). Phoning, texting or emailing to enter the Promotion or completing and submitting an entry form will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published by the Promoter (including on social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also apply to the Promotion. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
1. Residents of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter or Wireless Group Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party sponsors or promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
2. The Promotion starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 11 July 2019 and closes at 18:59 pm (UK time) on 26 July 2019 (the “Promotion Period”). Any entries received outside of the Promotion Period will be void.
3. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person during the Promotion Period.
4. To enter you must complete and submit the entry form available at http://www.talksport.com/competitions/ during the Promotion Period only. The entry form closes at 10.00 on 24 July 2019. Any entries received outside of the Promotion Period will be void. You will then be entered into a draw to take part in the “Big Winning From Tokyo”, during either talkSPORT’s Breakfast show (06.00 – 10.00) or Drive show (16.00-19.00), running from 24th July 2019 to 26th July 2019. When entering, participants have to indicate whether they would like to participate in the competition during the Breakfast show or Drive. The on-air competition mechanic requires two participants per day in each show to answer as many Rugby based questions correctly against an opponent, with the help of a rugby expert giving clues. The winner from the 24th July and 25th July heats enter the final round on Friday 26th July, and the overall winners are selected from this day’s competition results.
5. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected.
6. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for internet access when they enter the Promotion online.
Winners and Prizes
7. There will be 1 winner per competition. One prize per winner.
8. The entrants for the on-air competition will be selected at random from all valid entries for this Promotion received during the Promotion Period.
9. Two prizes for two adults (18+) available for competition winners.
a. The prize for Breakfast’s competition winner includes: two tickets to the final of Rugby World Cup 2019 in Japan on 02/11/2019, one night’s stay for two on 29/10/19 at a hotel near London Heathrow chosen by the Promoter, return Economy flights from London Heathrow to Tokyo (indirect flights via Abu Dhabi) departing on 30/10/2019 (arriving to Tokyo on 31/10/2019) and returning on 04/11/2019 (arriving at London Heathrow at 05/11/2019), 4 nights’ hotel accommodation in Japan, including breakfast at a hotel chosen by the Promoter, dinner at a world-renowned restaurant, return airport transfers from one UK address to London Heathrow, return airport transfers in Japan and return group stadium transfers. The prize must be taken 29/10/2019 – 05/11/2019. Winner and his/her guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary. All parts of prize must be used in conjunction with the same booking. Winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid travel documentation (including passport (with at least 6 months’ validity)/visa/visa waiver as may be required), obtaining adequate travel insurance, and appropriate vaccinations / inoculations for foreign travel at their own expense.
b. The prize for Drive’s competition winner includes: Two Category A tickets to Rugby World Cup 2019 match between England and Argentina at Tokyo Stadium, Tokyo, Japan on 5th October 2019, One night’s accommodation on 02/10/2019 (double occupancy) at a hotel near London Heathrow Airport chosen by the Promoter, Return Economy flights from London Heathrow to Tokyo (indirect flights via Abu Dhabi) departing on 03/10/2019 (arriving to Tokyo on 04/10/2019) and returning on 06/10/2019 (arriving at London Heathrow at 07/10/2019), Two nights’ luxury hotel accommodation in Japan (double occupancy), including breakfast, at a hotel chosen by the Promoter, Dinner reception at the hotel on 04/10/2019, Return airport transfers, Return group stadium transfers. The prize must be taken 02/10/2019 – 07/10/2019. Winner and his/her guest(s) must travel on the same itinerary. All parts of prize must be used in conjunction with the same booking. Winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid travel documentation (including passport (with at least 6 months’ validity)/visa/visa waiver as may be required), obtaining adequate travel insurance, and appropriate vaccinations / inoculations for foreign travel at their own expense.
10. Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
11. Winners are responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
12. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
13. Winners will be notified during the on-air competitions. If a participant for the on-air competition cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another participant from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
14. The Promoter shall not be liable to reimburse callers for telephone charges when either on hold or on air. When the situation arises, only the person who is selected to come to air (if applicable) is eligible to win if they are the overall victor of the on-air competition ‘Big Winning from Tokyo’.
15. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 7 days of having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
16. The prize will be confirmed within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
17. For a list of winners (name and general location) please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to the Promoter at: Promotions Department, talkSPORT, 1 London Bridge Street, London, England, SE1 9GF stating that you would like the winner details for the “Mastercard Tokyo Giveaway ” Promotion.
Data Protection and Publicity
19. Participants’ names and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are a winner of the Promotion in accordance with the regulatory requirements. In such circumstances we may also make free use of this information and participant’s photographs for publicity purposes both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any of its associated or subsidiary companies. This includes making their name available on the Promoter’s websites and social media platforms. The winner and any guests may also be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Promotion.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
21. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
23. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Mastercard or other third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to Big Group and/or Oxygen agencies.
24. Participants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of making a phone call, sending an entry by post, email or text, is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
25. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
26. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the “Website”).
28. If you are resident of the United Kingdom then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland), and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland). If you are a resident of the Republic of Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
29. Each winner and his/her guest(s) as applicable agree to comply with the terms and conditions applicable to the issue and use of tickets from time to time (as available and set out at https://info.tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/tickettc-e/ or such other webpage as determined by Rugby World Cup Limited (“RWCL”) from time to time), the tournament organiser (Japan Rugby 2019, “JR2019”) and all applicable venue owner or operator rules and regulations to access Rugby World Cup venues and any other areas associated with Rugby World Cup (including any terms of accreditation determined by RWCL). Further each winner and his/her guest(s) acknowledge that he/she may be required to enter into a direct acknowledgement and/or agreement with RWCL and/or JR2019 concerning use of the tickets and compliance with ticket terms and conditions prior to receiving the prize.
30. The Promoter may pass personal information relating to prize winners to RWCL and/or JR2019 (and any of their service providers or agents) for the purposes of monitoring the distribution and use of Rugby World Cup tickets and related experiences and, in the event of a suspect breach of any terms and conditions, rules or regulations of RWCL and/or JR2019 relating to the use of such tickets and/or experiences, investigating and taking action against such winners.
31. Winners and/or guests shall not, while using Rugby World Cup tickets, display or publicise any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any of RWCL or the Rugby World Cup. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause will cause significant damage and loss to RWCL.
32. This promotion is run by the Promoter with the permission of RWCL. Accordingly, the Promoter is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, not RWCL or any other persons involved in staging of Rugby World Cup 2019 (including JR2019) and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this promotion.
33. The promoter of this Promotion is talkSPORT Limited (operator of talkSPORT) of 1 London Bridge Street, London, England, SE1 9GF (the “Promoter”).