WWE star Bobby Lashley reveals he will make MMA return ‘maybe after SummerSlam’ this year

12 Apr

Bobby Lashley returned to WWE after a 10-year absence the night after WrestleMania last year.

Since then, The Almighty has aligned himself with Lio Rush and had two reigns as Intercontinental champion.

Bobby Lashley losing it with his hype man Lio Rush

He is yet to get his wish to face Brock Lesnar and it’s unlikely he will now that the Beast Incarnate is slated to head back to UFC and challenge Daniel Cormier for the UFC heavyweight title.

In lieu of facing Lesnar, it seems Lashley is heading for a similar path.

In an interview with Sky Sports, Lashley revealed he intends to make an MMA comeback this year and he is still under contract with Bellator.

Bobby Lashley in Bellator

“I think I am still probably going to do a couple more before it’s all said and done,” Lashley said. “I am still under contract at Bellator also, and if I go back I will give them a call and possibly go after (Ryan) Bader. I don’t want to wait too long, time is ticking.”

“I feel great. My body is 100% so I think maybe this summer, maybe after SummerSlam.”

Bader is the light heavyweight and heavyweight champion. Bader exited UFC after eight years with the company in 2016 where he had a record of 14-5.

Boby Lashley as Intercontinental champion

Since moving to Bellator he is undefeated but so is Lashley and he is on an eight-fight win streak. Lashley’s 15-2 overall record and mainstream recognition through WWE is more than enough reason for Bellator to give the 42-year-old a title shot.

Former Geordie Shore star Aaron Chalmers signs lucrative MMA contract with Bellator

2 Nov

Ex-Geordie Shore star Aaron Chalmers has signed a lucrative MMA contract with Bellator.

The reality TV personality debuted under the BAMMA banner in May 2017, but made his Bellator debut this year and has now joined the promotion on a long-term agreement.

All four of Aaron Chalmers’ fights to date have been won inside one round

Chalmers is 4-0 in the early stages of his career, with four first-round finishes, but became embroiled in a contract dispute that stalled his progression.

At 31 he is no spring chicken and will be looking to gain momentum with this new deal, which MMA Junkie report to be a two-year, six-fight agreement.

“It’s a dream come true [to sign the deal],” Chalmers told Ultimate Boxxer.

“It was a long-winded process with BAMMA – it was haunting my career and I didn’t know why.

“We ended that in gentleman’s fashion though and luckily I can put that behind me now and move on.

“For me, it’s all about showing Bellator that I’m worth this big contract now.

“I’ve got to repay the faith they’ve shown in me and I will.

“We’re absolutely delighted to get this done and I can’t wait to get back out there again.”

UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov offered $2million Bellator deal by 50 Cent, responds on Instagram

13 Oct

Khabib Nurmagomedov has already received an offer from rival mixed martial arts company Bellator after threatening to quit the UFC.

The lightweight champion released a public statement on Thursday, declaring that he would leave the organisation if they sack his team-mate Zubaira Tukhugov.

Khabib is the undefeated, 27-0, UFC lightweight champion

Tukhugov attacked Conor McGregor after Khabib tapped out the Irishman in the fourth round of their bout and then proceeded to vault the Octagon and brutalise his corner men on Saturday.

Upon seeing this situation unfold, opportunistic rapper and Bellator (the second biggest MMA promotion after the UFC) supporter 50 Cent made a public offer to the Russian.

“I think it’s wrong what the UFC is doing to Khabib,” he posted on social media.

“They didn’t do the same thing to McGregor. I’ll pay $2million cash tonight if he will fight for me at Bellator.”

Khabib instantly replied, simply saying: “Just send me location.”

The 30-year-old has also hinted at a potential offer for a wrestling switch with the WWE, by stating that he would “smash” Brock Lesnar.

Nurmagomedov certainly appears to be enjoying himself at present as he carries out a victory tour around his home country and continues to drop jokey teasers about his future.