Nike suffer $1.1 BILLION loss after ‘the next LeBron James’ Zion Williamson suffers injury after his trainer splits

24 Feb

Nike have suffered a monumental $1.1 BILLION loss after Zion Williamson suffered a sprained knee after his trainers split.

The Duke Washington starlet, who has been called ‘the next Lebron James‘ was injured after 33 seconds on Wednesday during the college game against North Carolina.

Zion Williamson lies in agony after his trainer split

As a result, Nike’s stock price fell by 1% after spectators watched the 18-year-old’s Basketball PG 2.5 trainer literally fall apart.

Williamson is the projected number one NBA draft pick in June and has been described as a ‘once in a generation athlete’ by two-time NBA champion Kevin Durant.

Sportswear giant Nike lost a reported $1.1billion after the trainer split

The rubber sole ripped loose from the Nike shoe, with the sportswear giant (who exclusively provide Duke’s uniforms, shoes and clothing) saying in a statement: “We are obviously concerned and want to wish Zion a speedy recovery.

“The quality and performance of our products are of utmost importance. While this is an isolated occurrence, we are working to identify the issue.”

US President Barack Obama went to see Williamson in action

Such is the interest surrounding Williamson, demand for tickets to watch the teenager in Wednesday’s local derby eclipsed NFL Super Bowl prices thanks to the ‘Zion Effect’.

Former US President Barack Obama was in the crowd to watch the precocious talent, while Floyd Mayweather, LeBron James and Jay Z have also been spotted watching Duke in the past month.

An ESPN college basketball analyst told Forbes he expects to see Williamson join Tiger Woods, Floyd Mayweather and basketball legend Michael Jordan in the billion dollar club.

Liverpool FC transfer news: Reds could win race to sign Serie A starlet Nicolo Barella… for a bizarre reason

18 Sep

Liverpool could have an ace up their sleeve in the race to sign Nicolo Barella.

Barella, the Cagliari midfielder, was linked with a move to Anfield over the summer, but he failed to secure a switch to England.

Barella has caught the eye with a series of excellent performances in Serie A

There is also interest in the 21-year-old Italy youth international from his homeland, with Milan and Inter said to be tracking a player rated at around £45million.

Having stayed with Cagliari for another season Barella, who netted six times in 35 appearances last term, has opened up on the summer interest in him – revealing offers were made earlier this year.

“Cagliari received offers and turned them down,” Barella told Gazzetta dello Sport. “I am happy to have remained with the club I support.”

Though Barella refused to reveal who was interested in securing his services, he did comment on his future and admit a move to England would be his preference.

And while Liverpool are likely to face a transfer battle now Barella has revealed England is where his future lies, Anfield chiefs will not be too worried as they have a key advantage over their rival Premier League clubs – LeBron James.

Barella continued: “If I had to choose between Serie A and the Premier League, I’d go for England, because I like the way they approach the game. Plus everyone there is just as irritable and prone to fouls as me!

“My dream is to get a nice house with a garden and a pool. And to meet LeBron James.”

James has been involved with Liverpool for over six years

James, the NBA superstar, got hold of a 2 per cent stake of Liverpool back in 2011, and his share is now said to be worth around $32million.

He was at Wembley on Saturday to watch the Reds’ defeat of Tottenham as they continued their 100 per cent start to the season, and Barella will get one step closer to finally meeting his idol if he opted to complete a switch to Anfield.