Wolves have made a verbal £36.1million offer to sign Marseille star Morgan Sanson, according to reports in France.
The 24-year-old has featured regularly for the Ligue 1 club this season and helped them reach the Europa League final last year.
And Wolves could break their club-record transfer fee for a third time in less than a year if they tempt Sanson to the Premier League.
Wanderers spent £18million to sign Adama Traore before the start of the season, before splashing out £30million to make Raul Jimenez’s loan move permanent last week.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
- Birmingham vs Sheffield United (Wednesday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Slavia Prague vs Chelsea (Thursday, 8pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Southampton vs Wolves (Saturday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Manchester United vs West Ham (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT
- Leeds vs Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 5:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Wigan vs Norwich (Sunday, 12pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Crystal Palace vs Manchester City (Sunday, 2:05pm) – talkSPORT
And French publication Le10Sport claim Wolves are prepared to pay £36.1million (€42m) to secure Sanson’s services.
The midfielder could be a replacement for the club’s star man Ruben Neves, who has been linked with big-money moves to Liverpool and Manchester City.
Sanson has helped Marseille climb to fifth in Ligue 1 as they chase a Champions League spot.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
Meanwhile, he could play Europa League football with Wolves next season if they finish seventh.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s men are level on points with seventh-placed Leicester with a game in hand.
Sanson’s Marseille deal runs out in 2022.