Ruben Loftus-Cheek hit a personal milestone on Thursday scoring his 10th goal of the season as Chelsea reached the Europa League final.
Loftus-Cheek has impressed in Maurizio Sarri’s side and his goals come from starting just 16 of his 39 appearances this season.
The 23-year-old has become a particular fan favourite and many have called for the midfielder to get regular starts for the team.
The club were handed a boost earlier this week when he said he has no intention of leaving Chelsea in the summer.
The England international is also the first Chelsea academy player to reach double figure goals in a season since Graham Stuart in the 1992/93 campaign.
Stuart hit nine league goals and one in the league cup that season as they finished 11th in the first Premier League season.
Loftus-Cheek has scored six times in the Premier League and four times in the Europa League while also providing six assists.
LATEST FOOTBALL NEWS
The Blues have had a number of players come through their academy since Stuart scored 10 goals in a season but many of them have been defenders.
The most notable is John Terry who’s best return in a single season was eight goals in 2004/05 and 2014/15.
LIVE ON talkSPORT
talkSPORT is your home of live football! Here's what's coming up on talkSPORT and talkSPORT 2...
- Tranmere vs Forest Green Rovers (Friday, 7:45pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Aston Villa vs West Brom (Saturday, 12:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Derby vs Leeds United (Saturday, 5:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Sunderland vs Portsmouth (Saturday, 7:30pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Doncaster vs Charlton (Sunday, 12:15pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Tottenham vs Everton (Sunday, 3pm) – talkSPORT 2
- Mansfield vs Newport (Sunday, 6pm) – talkSPORT 2
Striker Carlton Cole managed just six goals in his best season for Chelsea in 2002/03 while fellow academy graduates Graeme Le Saux, Robert Huth, Frnak Sinclair and Muzzy Izzet were never prolific infront of goal.