Transfer news: How Inter Milan could look under Antonio Conte next season, including Manchester United and Chelsea stars

8 Jun

Inter Milan are hoping Antonio Conte is the man who can fire the Italian giants back into Europe’s elite after officially announcing his appointment last Friday.

Securing Champions League football was not enough for Luciano Spalletti to keep his job so San Siro chiefs moved quickly to sign the ex-Chelsea and Juventus boss.

Conte has returned to management with Inter Milan
getty

The 49-year-old will be hoping to replicate his success at his former clubs with the Nerazzuri and he will no doubt already be going through the first stages of planning for next season.

But who could be heading Conte’s way in the transfer market? Below, talkSPORT.com has picked a potential Inter line-up next season with the Italian’s reported targets…


Diego Godin

Last month, Diego Godin announced he will be leaving Atletico Madrid this summer, and the veteran defender has been heavily linked with Inter.

Albeit 33 years old, the Uruguayan centre-back is still a hugely commanding presence at the back.

He could be in a solid-looking back-three alongside Milan Skriniar and Stefan de Vrij.

Godin is leaving Atletico and Inter is his likeliest destination
Getty

Victor Moses

Moses and Conte worked together for two years at Stamford Bridge and it’s safe to say the Nigeria international’s most successful spell of his career came under the Italian.

Moses was a revelation down the right-hand side of Conte’s set-up – he could burst forward with pace and power and know he would automatically have cover from the back three behind him.

The 28-year-old has been linked with a move to Inter following Conte’s appointment but the Serie A club will have to negotiate his transfer with Chelsea, with the full-back currently on loan with Super Lig side Fenerbahce.

Moses is currently on loan at Fenerbahce from Chelsea
Getty

Sander Berge

Conte is also said to be on the hunt for another defensive midfielder to compete with Marcelo Brozovic and Genk’s Norwegian star Berge is said to be the player being considered.

Berge has excelled this season in the Belgian league, delivering some assured performances in front of the back four.

He is just 21 years old and has bags of potential – he could become a mainstay for in Conte’s line-up for years to come.

Norwegian sensation Berge is also reportedly on Conte’s wish-list

Nicolo Barella

Radja Nainggolan looks set to be Conte’s first choice in central midfield and joining him might be Cagliari midfielder Barella.

The Italian international, previously compared to Steven Gerrard, has been heavily linked with a switch to the San Siro, and talks between the Nerazzurri and the player’s agent are believed to have taken place in recent weeks.

Reports last week suggested a deal is close to being agreed between the two parties, with a fee of €45million mooted for the midfielder.

Cagliari’s Nicolo Barella is a target of Inter

Edin Dzeko

Inter Milan are planning a double swoop on two big name strikers should Mauro Icardi leave the club in the summer – and the first one is Roma marksman Edin Dzeko.

The ex-Man City man did not have his finest season this term but he was still a handful for defences, netting nine goals in 33 appearances for his side.

Conte is said to be a big admirer of the Bosnian and could partner the forward up with Romelu Lukaku in a lethal top two.

Inter have been linked with Dzeko

Romelu Lukaku

Man United striker Lukaku has reportedly been told he can leave the club to join Inter this summer.

The Belgian seemingly has no place in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s set-up and the club are now willing to part ways with their front man.

While Solskjaer is said to be happy for Lukaku to fight for his place, The Sun report Old Trafford chiefs have told the Belgian he can join Inter if they cough up the right amount for him.

Lukaku struggled for form under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
Getty

Conte tried to sign the striker while he was at Chelsea but the club instead opted to sign Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid, with Lukaku heading to Old Trafford instead – but the Italian is once again in the hunt for the bullish target man to lead the line.

Have a look at the line-up in full below…

Is this how Conte’s Inter could line-up next season?